Visibility is Power!
1. Which of these best describes your work in dance?
2. Which genres of dance/movement forms do you work in?
3. When did you arrive in the LA area?
4. Do you have an agent who represents you?
5. What proportion of your dance activity is commercial dance?
6. What proportion of your dance activity is non-profit dance?
7. In the past year, how many different paid jobs did you work in the dance field?
8. In the past year, how many different unpaid jobs did you work in the dance field?
9. How often do you attend dance performances?
10. How much time do you spend watching dance online?
11. How much time do you dedicate to making dance for online only viewing?
12. Are you a member of a union?
13. Are you a member of the Dance Resource Center?
14. What best describes your healthcare coverage?
15. How do you feel about dance work opportunities in LA?
16. How would you describe the dance work market in LA compared to three years ago?
17. How likely is it that you will continue to work in dance and be paid in the LA market in three years?
18. How easy is it to be part of dance networks, find connections or an agent in LA?
19. In terms of finding paid dance work, how easy is it to know which sources to turn to in LA?
20. How easy is it to book performance venues in LA?
21. How easy is it to find rehearsal space in LA?
22. Do you identify with a dance community in greater Los Angeles?
24. How easy is it getting your performance or work reviewed by LA media?
25. How easy is finding an audience?
26. How easy is sustaining an audience?
31. What paid work did you have outside of dance?
32. What is your total annual income (from all sources)?
33. In which zip code did you primarily grow up?
34. In which zip code do you currently live?
35. In which zip code do you primarily work?
36. What is your age?
37. What is the highest level of education you have completed?
38. What is your gender?
39. Which group do you identify with?
40. Did you move to LA for dance?